License & Permits



Any party wishing to export or re-export from Maldives must be registered at Maldives Inland Revenue Authority (MIRA) and should possess a license issued by Ministry of Economic Development.


 It should be noted that Export license is issued only by Ministry of Economic Development.


The following items can be exported and re-exported without an export license:


Consignments with a net weight of under 5 kg (except ambergris
Temporary exports
Items exported by individuals for their personal use
Items such as containers used to import goods
Temporary imports