Vision / Mission
A trusted and leading customs administration
Safeguard national border and facilitate legitimate cross border movement through service excellence and innovation to enhance socio-econmic prosperity.
- To monitor and control the movement of passengers, goods and conveyances arriving in and departing from the Republic of Maldives.
- To administer all functions relating to import and export.
- To protect and efficiently collect customs revenue.
- To protect the community and ensuring compliance with Maldivian law.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assess and collect import and export duties.
- Intercept and seize, contraband, illicit drugs, firearms and other prohibited items and control restricted items.
- Processing passengers, luggage, cargo and overseas mail-delivered articles.
- Act as agents for various government organizations in the controlling of the movements of persons and goods entering and leaving the Maldives.
- Detect and deter import and export-related fraud.
- Control and monitor the movements of embarking/disembarking persons and loading/unloading of goods in relation to air/sea conveyances arriving from/leaving to overseas destinations and while such conveyances are at anchor parked or in transit parked or in transit to local ports.
- Control & monitor bonded warehouses and duty-free establishments.
- Compile and maintain imports and exports statistics.